Vinesh Phogat (Wrestler) Height, Weight, Date of Birth, Age, Wiki, Biography, Boyfriend
Vinesh Phogat is an Indian wrestler. She comes from a successful family of wrestlers, with her cousins Geeta Phogat and Babita Kumari.She became the first Indian woman wrestler to win Gold in both Commonwealth and Asian games. She has the higest ranking in wrestling by defeating 2017 world champion Vanesa Kaladzinskay.
Vinesh Phogat was born on 25th August, 1994 in Bhiwani district, Haryana, India. She is the daughter of wrestler Mahavir Singh Phogat’s younger brother Rajpal Singh Phogat and her mother’s name is Prem Lata Phogat. She has 2 siblings, brother Harvinder Phogat and sister Priyanka Phogat. Vinesh completed her schooling from CM Senior Secondary School, Jhojnu Kalan, Haryana and completed her graduation from MDU Rothak.
In allowing her cousins and herself to pursue competitive wrestling, her father and uncle had to deal with immense pressure and opposition from the community in their village in Haryana. They were adjudged as going against the morals and values of their community.
Phogat’s first wrestling championship was in 2013 Asian Wrestling Championships in New Delhi, India. She won the bronze medal in the women’s freestyle 52 kg category opposite Tho-Kaew Sriprapa of Thailand. In 2014 she participate in Commonwealth Games and represented India in the women’s freestyle 48 kg category at the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, and won the gold medal. From 2015–2017, Vinesh won the silver medal in her category after losing the final to Yuki Irie of Japan. She qualified tournament for the 2016 Rio Olympics held in Istanbul and won in the final round beating Polish wrestler Iwona Matkowska, and qualified for the Olympics in the process.
Vinesh won the gold medal in women’s 50 kg freestyle wrestling at 2018 Commonwealth Games in Gold Coast. She participated in Yasar Dogu International in 2019 and won gold by defeating Ekaterina Poleshchuk of Russia and in 2019 Poland Open wrestling tournament.
she bagged her third consecutive gold in women’s 53 kg category after winning the Poland Open wrestling tournament in Warsaw. In 2021 Matteo Pellicone Ranking Series event Vinesh won gold medal opposite Canada’s Diana Mary Helen Weicker.
Education Details and More
|School||CM Senior Secondary School, Jhojnu Kalan|
Physical Stats and More
|Height||5′ 1″ Feet|
Vinesh Phogat married her long-time boyfriend and fellow wrestler Somvir Rathee on 13 December 2018. He is a two times gold medalist in the national championship. The couple knew each other since 2011 and both work for the Indian Railways where they met and fell in love.
Marital Status and More
|Marriage Date||13 December 2018|
|Salary (approx)||Not Available|
|Net Worth||Not Available|
Social Media Presence
Some Facts About Vinesh Phogat
- Vinesh Phogat was born and brought up in Bhiwani district, Haryana.
- Vinesh has become the First Indian Athlete to be Nominated for Laureus World Sports Awards to be held on February 18, 2019.
- In 2013, Commonwealth Wrestling Championships tournament held in Johannesburg, South Africa, Vinesh finished second and won the silver medal in the women’s freestyle 51 kg category, losing in the final round to Odunayo Adekuoroye of Nigeria.
- She is the only Indian woman wrestler to have qualified for the Tokyo Games.
- In January 2020, Phogat won gold in Rome Ranking Series, defeating Luisa Elizabeth Valverde
- At 2014 Asian Games in Incheon, South Korea, Vinesh won the bronze medal in the women’s freestyle 48 kg category.
- She won the gold medal at the 2018 Asian Games and became first Indian woman wrestler to win gold in the Asian Games.
- Apart from wrestling she loves photography.
If you have more details about Vinesh Phogat. Please comment below we will updated within a hour.
The post Vinesh Phogat Height, Weight, Age, Affairs, Biography appeared first on news4buffalo.com.