Profession: Businessman Age: 38 Years Marital Status: Unmarried
|Known for||• Being the founder of India’s biggest indie music and comedy management company Only Much Louder (OML)
• Getting arrested by the Central Bureau of Investigation for his connection to the Delhi Excise Policy scam case
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 170 cm
in meters– 1.70 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 7”
|Date of Birth||Year, 1984|
|Age (as of 2022)||38 Years|
|College/University||Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||He is a college droupout. The Economics Times|
|Controversies||FIR on his stalker
In 2017, he filed an FIR against a girl named Geeta who was stalking him from November 2015 to February 2016. He took help of security personnel and said that if the same incident had happened with a girl, the issue would have gained a lot of popularity. Pinkvilla
Unprofessional behavior towards his employees
Taken into custody in connection to Delhi Excise Policy scam case
|Relationships & More|
|Siblings||Brother– Ajay Nair (businessman)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vijay Nair
- Vijay Nair is an Indian businessman who is known for being the founder of India’s biggest indie music and comedy management company Only Much Louder (OML). He got arrested by the Central Bureau of Investigation for his connection to the Delhi Excise Policy scam case.
- At the age of 18, he began India’s first artist management firm for Indian indie bands, Only Much Louder in 2002. The company organizes various music and comedy programmes like the Dewarists, MTV Tripping, AIB Roast and Stage42.
- He started growing his business digitally in 2006-2007. His company also runs its own ticketing and technology platform, Insider. in.
- In 2014, he joined the AAP. He was in charge of planning the social media strategy, party events, and fundraising for the party. In 2019 he started managing the whole campaign. In 2020, he volunteered for the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) campaign in the 2020 elections for the Delhi State Legislative Assembly where he was responsible for managing social media accounts and planning party events.
- He used to work with ventures such as Procter & Gamble’s web portals Masti.com and Gigpad.com when he was fifteen years old.
- He left college at the age of eighteen and started managing leading Indian indie bands, including Pentagram, Zero, Pin Drop Violence, and others. In an interview, he said that he wanted to take a break from his business and join college again, but he could not go because his business grew rapidly.
- He had his family’s support throughout his business journey because they saw him working hard for his business.
- In an interview, he said that he was not aware of music before starting the business. In an interview, he talked about this and said,
I started listening to bands when I was 15 or 16. Before international bands, I started listening to Indian bands. That’s how I got into it more seriously. For me, my journey has been about building a business and the love of doing that as opposed to just the love of music itself because music came in after I started the company. I wasn’t a major music connoisseur before that. I was a fan first in terms of what I was doing and I just wanted to work and get something done.”
- In 2016, he became the most influential young leader after his name was listed in Fortune India’s 40 under 40.
|↑1||The Economics Times|
|↑4||The Indian Express|