DOB: 06/07/2023 Profession: Entrepreneur Age: 50 Years
|Famous For||Being the founder and CEO of LimeRoad|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• INFOCOM Women of the Year award (2015)
• Women Super Achiever Award
• Sanmarg ‘You Inspire’ Special Award for Pride of Bengal at the Sanmarg
• Aparajita Awards (2017)
• Woman Entrepreneur of The Year in NDTV Unicorn Start-up Awards (2016)
• ASSOCHAM Women Entrepreneur of the Year (2018)
|Date of Birth||Friday, 6 July 1973|
|Age (as of 2022)||50 Years|
|College/University||• St. Stephan’s College, Delhi
• University of Cambridge (1994-1996)
• The London School of Finance and Political Science (LSE) (1997-1998)
|Educational Qualification Suchi Mukherjee – LinkedIn||• B.A. Honors in Economics
• M.Sc. Finance and Economics
|Hobbies||Reading, fitness, practicing mindfulness|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Sandeep Kunte (Director (Treasury) at Barclays Bank)|
|Children||Son– 1 (Name Unknown)
Daughter– 1 (Name Unknown)
|Parents||Father– Name Unknown
Mother– Name Unknown
|Siblings||Sister– 1 (Name Unknown)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Suchi Mukherjee
- Suchi Mukherjee is an Indian entrepreneur and is known for being the founder and CEO of LimeRoad, an online shopping website for women and local retailers.
- Suchi’s first job was at Lehman Brothers Incorporation as Senior Associate, Corporate Finance in 1998. Ever since, she has switched to prominent companies like Virgin Media as Director of Change & Business Development (2003), eBay Inc as the head of headed the Business Seller Programs and CS (2005), Skype as the Director & Member of the Executive Management Team at Skype (2006), and GumTree as Managing Director & GM at GumTree (2009.)
- Suchi, Ankush Mehra, and Prashant Malik founded the company LimeRoad in 2012. Prashant, however, sold his shares in the company but Ankush is still the co-founder and director of A.M Marketplaces Pvt. Ltd. (the parent company of LimeRoad.)
- Suchi Mukherjee is the first Indian to receive the Cambridge Commonwealth Trust Scholarship for studying Economics at Cambridge University in 1994. Besides this, she is also a Chadburn Scholar, holds a University record in Development Economics, is the Elected Member of Newnham Associates from the University of Cambridge in 2008, and is British Chevening Scholar at LSE.
- The idea of LimeRoad came to Suchi a month after delivering her second child. It was her inability to buy a piece of jewelry that she liked in a magazine that made her realize the need for a platform that could connect women and local vendors.
- Bollywood actress Neha Dhupia holds the position of Art Director at LimeRoad since 2014 because of the ‘glam’ factor she reflected for the company. She also has a few stakes in the company and withdraws a monthly salary.
Neha Dhupia featuring in an advertisement for LimeRoad
- In 2015, she shared the stage with Prime Minister Narendra Modi and gave a speech at the Startup India Standup India Event in New Delhi.
- Suchi admitted being raised as a tomboy than a girly girl in her childhood. Dainik Bhaskar – YouTube
- Her father wanted her to be extremely independent and even made her learn how to drive a car when she was just 13 years old. Suchi admits that while it was not a good decision but it made her realize that it is ok to make mistakes and learn from them. Dainik Bhaskar – YouTube
- After completing her high school education, her mother wanted Suchi to take up engineering because of how wonderfully she had scored. However, Suchi gained some interest in economics and finance by reading The Financial Times at her home. Thus, she chose to study economics and finance instead, a decision that her father supported.
- She taught Development Economics to third-year students for nine months at St. Stephan’s college after returning from abroad which made her the youngest professor to teach in the institute. Dainik Bhaskar – YouTube
- Suchi’s husband introduced her to golf and she has now been practicing it for several years. For her, it is a deep meditative experience. Your Story – YouTube
- Her mother would make Suchi and her sister watch a lot of movies in their childhood in order for them to learn from other people’s mistakes.
- Suchi has some fixed rituals in her life like taking a shower before bed no matter the season or temperature. She finds that rituals are very purposeful acts that everyone needs to have in their lives to be successful. Thus, she also likes her employees at LimeRoad to follow some daily and weekly rituals in the workplace.
- The number one way of finding the solution for Suchi is to consciously talk to herself and her mind before she goes to bed.
|↑1||Suchi Mukherjee – LinkedIn|
|↑2, ↑3, ↑4||Dainik Bhaskar – YouTube|
|↑5||Your Story – YouTube|