Shlok Srivastava is an Indian YouTuber and entrepreneur who is famous for his YouTube channel Tech Burner. He runs various businesses including his clothing line named Overlays and launched several mobile applications. He launched his YouTube channel during his college days which became massively successful after a few years. He was listed in Forbes India’s 30 under 30 list in 2022.
Shlok Srivastava was born on Friday, 28 November 1997 (age 25 years; as of 2022) in Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius. He completed his schooling at Delhi Public School, Noida. Since his school days, he was interested in gadgets and science, and he helped his family members and friends with any technical problems with their mobile or any gadget. He completed his schooling at Delhi Public School, Noida. He joined IIT coaching classes in the 11th standard to qualify for the IIT entrance exams, Joint Entrance Examination (JEE); however, he could not qualify for IITs in the 2014 IIT entrance exam after passing his 12th standard. After he failed to qualify, he was depressed for three months; however, he later earned a Bachelor of Technology degree in Information Technology from SRM University in Chennai. After completing his studies in 2018, he came back to Noida and started his YouTube channel by name of Tech Burner.
Shlok Srivastava in 2010
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
He was born into a Hindu family.
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is Jai Srivastava, and his mother’s name is Sadhana Srivastava. He has a younger sister named Riya Srivastava.
Shlok Srivastava with his family
Shlok Srivastava with his sister, Riya Srivastava
Wife & Children
He is unmarried as of 2022.
In 2023, he was rumoured to be dating Siddhi Bhardwaj who is from Dehradoon and lives in Delhi.
Shlok Srivastava’s rumoured girlfriend, Siddhi Bhardwaj
Tech Burner YouTube Channel & Other YouTube Channels
He started making YouTube videos when he was in 10th standard using his phone and his father’s laptop, which was allotted to his father by his office. He made his YouTube channel Tech Burner during his college days on 26 September 2014 and posted his first video describing the best accessories for a computer below Rs 40,000 on 29 September 2014. His friends discouraged him from making videos for YouTube; however, he kept uploading videos on it. During the initial days, he did not feel comfortable in front of the camera. He started doing plays and dramas to overcome the feeling of insecurity in front of the camera; however, he left that when felt that it was not helping him. He then started designing posters for college shows and worked as a freelancer for some companies; however, when he was unable to make money off it, he quit designing posters. He later worked for a few NGOs and started to form an NGO for transgenders; however, that idea also failed. He then decided to open a book-selling organisation; however, that idea also failed. When he completed his B. Tech. in 2018, he had around 5,000 subscribers on his YouTube channel. He made up his mind to work on his channel and rejected a job offer he received during the college placement. He was earning around Rs 2,000 per month from his channel at that time, hence his parents were not happy with his decision of rejecting the job offer and becoming a YouTuber; however, he persuaded them to allow him to work on his channel by telling them that in case he failed to succeed, he would join a job later. After uploading a few videos on his channel, he observed that he was not getting attention and found that his videos were not entertaining. Also, he was travelling in Delhi via an autorickshaw once in 2018 and found that the autorickshaw driver was unable to understand his videos due to the English language. He changed the language and started making videos more entertaining and in Hindi. His ideas worked, and he started earning Rs 25000 per month. During the initial years, his channel grew slowly; however, it grew exponentially, and his channel reached 3 million subscribers on 3 May 2020. His parents also became supportive of him, when they saw his success. In 2021, he opened an office in Gurugram and employed around 20 people. In July 2021, he also uploaded review videos of various electric cars including a review of a Tesla car. On 4 January 2023, his channel reached 10 million subscribers. He also runs many other YouTube channels including TechBurner Shorts, Burner Clips, and BurnerBits, where he uploads short videos.
Shlok Srivastava during his initial years of opening the Tech Burner YouTube channel
Overlays Clothing Line
In July 2021, he also started his clothing name named Overlays Clothing. He himself designed many clothes for the brand. He described the brand’s clothes as clothes for the people who live their lives with a positive approach. The clothing line provides clothes for both men and women. He also launched the winter collection in 2022.
T-shirt from Overlays clothing brand
He has also released various mobile applications through his company Burner Media. The mobile applications are BurnerGuard, FreshWalls, BurnerScanner, reWalls, and BurnerBits.
As of July 2022, he owns a BMW SUV and a Tata Harrier SUV.
In July 2022, Shlok revealed in an interview that he does not regularly look at the revenue sheets; however, he said that he earns more than one crore per month.
- Food: Pizza, Burgers, and French fries
- Actor(s): Shah Rukh Khan, Tiger Shroff, Ranveer Singh
- Holiday Destination(s): London, Thailand, Goa
- Colour(s): Black, White, Blue, Green
- Cricketer: Mahendra Singh Dhoni
- He was offered a package of Rs 8 lakh by a design company after completing his engineering, which he rejected.
- He paid his first employee Rs 17000 per month when he was himself earning Rs 25000 per month, hence he was left with less money than his employee when he started.
- When he was in college, he used to search online for famous personalities. He was inspired by other YouTubers like Ranjit Kumar of Geekyranjit, Linus Sebastian of Linus Tech Tips, Gaurav Chaudhary of Technical Guruji, and Marques Brownlee who also post videos on gadgets. He was also inspired by Disney’s founder Walt Disney.
- In 2022, he was featured in Forbes India’s 30 under 30 list and on the cover of the July edition of Forbes India.
The cover page of Forbes India July 2022 edition featuring Shlok Srivastava
- In November 2019, he gave a TEDx speech at Manipal University, Jaipur.
- He featured in various YouTube fanfests over the years.
- He once said during an interview that Indian youth should do business and try to generate employment for other people as well instead of wasting their youth in preparation for government jobs.
- He likes travelling and has travelled to various cities in India and abroad.
- He revealed in an interview that he remains vigilant when he is in public as he had heard many stories of mishappenings with other YouTubers in public.
- He writes many letters to the Indian government whenever he finds any application which could prove dangerous for India’s safety.
- He was awarded the Best Influencer of the Year and the Beat Tech Influencer of the Year award in 2022 by the Exchange4media group.
Shlok Srivastava’s Best Influencer of the Year and Best Tech Influencer of the Year award