Hometown: Karachi, Pakistan Age: 50 Years Husband: Shahid Shafaat
• TV host
• Theatre artist
|Physical Stats & More|
|Citation Height (approx.)||in centimeters– _160 cm
in meters– 1.60 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 3”
|Debut||Film: Manto (2015)
TV: Tapish (1989)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||Lux Style Awards
2003: Best Actress for the TV show ‘Shayad Kay Bahar Aaye’
2011: Best TV Actress – Terrestrial for the TV show ‘Hawa Rait Aur Aangan’
ARY Film Awards
|Date of Birth||28 August 1972 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||50 Years|
|School||• St. Joseph’s Convent High School, Karachi (Matriculation)
• Karachi’s Pechs Government College For Women, Karachi (High school)
|College/University||University of Karachi, Pakistan|
|Educational Qualification||B.Sc. (Hons.) in Psychology|
|Relationships & More|
|Husband/Spouse||Shahid Shafaat (Pakistani TV director, writer, and producer)|
|Parents||Father– Mansoor Saeed (Political activist and translator)
Mother– Abida Saeed (Member of the Communist Party of Pakistan)
|Siblings||Brother– Ahmer Saeed (Former captain of Pakistan’s under-19 cricket team)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sania Saeed
- Sania Saeed is a Pakistani actress, theatre artist and TV host who works in the Pakistani Film Industry.
- Her father, Mansoor Saeed, belonged to an intellectual and legendary Marxist family of the Subcontinent (Indo-Pak). He was a political activist, who translated books, documentaries, and theatre plays into the Urdu language. In 1964, he became a member of the Communist Party of India (Marxist). Later, he went to Pakistan to get married but due to the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971, he intended to stay back in Pakistan. In 1974, he became a member of the Communist Party of Pakistan. Sania’s mother, Abida Saeed, was also a member of the Communist Party of Pakistan.
- When Sania was young, she was a member of a theatre group called Dastak, which was formed by her father, Mansoor Saeed. She started performing in theatre at a tender age.
- Just like her father, Sania was very active in volunteering for social causes. Sania took part in a protest against the discriminatory laws for women and unemployment.
- Sania is a cat person and has adopted around seven cats till now; however, a few of them die of cancer. In an interview, while talking about her cats, Sania shared that she and her husband consider their cats as their own children.
Sania Saeed with one of her cats
- In 2009, Sania along with her husband, Shahid Shafat, formed a theatre group named ‘Katha Theatre.’
- Sania is a brand ambassador of several organizations such as ‘ACF Animal Rescue,’ which is an animal rescue organization, ‘The Dopasi Foundation,’ and ‘The Sindh Institute of Urology and Transplantation’ in Pakistan.
- Apart from acting, Sania is also a TV show host. In 1999, she hosted ‘Sehar Honay Ko Hai’ on PTV. In 2009, she hosted ‘Junoon-E-Gum Gashta’ along with Lutfullah Khan.
- She worked in many TV dramas including Kahaniyan (2001), Thori Si Mohabbat (2004), Aao Kahani Buntay Hain (2011), Aseerzadi (2013), Piyari Bittu (2017), and Sang-e-Mah (2022).
Sania Saeed as Zeenat Begum in a still from the TV show ‘Aseerzadi’ (2013)
- In 2022, she appeared in Saim Sadiq’s internationally acclaimed film titled Joyland in which she played Fayyaz.
- In an interview, Sania admitted that she did not want any kids. YouTube- Rewind with Samina Peerzada
|↑2||YouTube- Rewind with Samina Peerzada|