Hometown: Bangalore, Karnataka
Height: 5′ 7″ (approx.)
Marital Status: Married
|Other Name||Roopesh Rajanna MetroSaga|
|Profession(s)||Social Activist, Actor, Businessman|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 170 cm
in meters– 1.70 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 7”
|Debut||TV (Contestant): Bigg Boss Kannada 9 (2022)|
|Date of Birth||1 July|
|Ethnicity||Kannadiga Twitter- Rupesh Rajanna|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||30 April|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Parents||Names Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rupesh Rajanna
- Rupesh Rajanna is an Indian social activist, businessman, actor, and mimicry artist. In 2022, he participated in the reality TV show ‘Bigg Boss Kannada’ season 9.
- When he was too young, his father died. He was brought up by his mother singlehandedly.
- Rupesh owns an event management company. He has also started a company ‘My Own Business Institute’ which helps businessman to expand their business.
- He has worked as a TV host and has also appeared in a few Kannada films.
- He has been appointed as the president of the Karunada Sevakaru and works for the welfare of the Kannada people. Rupesh has organised various protests and rallies in the support of Kannadigas.
- He once protested against the Karnataka Maratha Communities Development Corporation Ltd. after which he was arrested and jailed.
Rupesh Rajanna being arrested
- In 2018, his Kannadiga group protested against the legendary Indian actor Rajinikanth for his comments over the Cauvery river dispute. In the protest, he said that the protest was against Rajinikanth and not Tamilians. His Kannadigas supporter group even asked various Bengaluru theatre owners to stop the screening of Rajinikanth’s film ‘Kaala’ (2018).
- Rupesh is a huge supporter of Kannadigas. In an interview, while talking about Kannada people, he said,
I had love for Kannada before. I was an anchor before. I acted in the movie. Then started fighting in favor of Kannada. Now everyone recognizes me. It is alleged that Rupesh hates all languages. But, I am only against imposing another language on our language. I lost my father at a young age. Only mother was there. They raised us and brought us here.”
- Rupesh has also protested against celebrating Hindi Divas. He once started the anti-Hindi campaigns #WeDontWantHindiDivas and #WewantBharatabhashadivasa through his Twitter account.
Rupesh Rajanna in anti-Hindi rally
- In one of the reality TV shows, while talking to the Kannada actor Sudeep, he said,
You raised your voice about Kannada. It was known to seven crore people at once. You hoisted the Kannada flag on the Burj Khalifa building. I thank you on behalf of all of Karnataka. I am so angry, I can’t cry. But when I get angry, I get angry like no one else.”
I will fight for Kannada. It does not mean that I am against another language. I will not tolerate if another language is imposed. I am not a fool, I am not ashamed to sacrifice like Mangalagouri: Kavyashree Gowda.”
- Rupesh is also involved in various social services and has helped various needy people.
Rupesh Rajanna giving donations to the needy people
- In 2022, he participated in the reality TV show ‘Bigg Boss Kannada’ season 9, hosted by the famous South Indian actor Kiccha Sudeep.
Rupesh Rajanna in Bigg Boss Kannada season 9 (2022)
|↑2||Twitter- Rupesh Rajanna|