Ritu Phogat (Wrestler) Height, Weight, Date of Birth, Age, Wiki, Biography, Boyfriend
Ritu Phogat is an athlete and former wrestler. She comes from a family of famous wrestlers like Geeta Phogat and Babita Kumari. She is currently in Indian mixed martial artist currently signed to ONE Championship and also a female wrestler who won a gold medal at the 2016 Commonwealth Wrestling Championship.
Birth & Early Life
Ritu Phogat was born on 2 May 1994 in Balali, Haryana, India. She was brought up into a Punjabi Jatt family to parents Mahavir Singh Phogat and Shobha (Daya) Kaur. She has 2 elder sisters Geeta Phogat and Babita Kumari and younger brother Dushyant Phogat. At the age of 8, she started her wrestling training from her father.
|Real Name||Ritu Phogat|
|Date of Birth||2 May 1994|
|Age (as in 2021)||27 Years|
|Birth Place||Balali, Haryana, India|
|Home Town||Balali, Haryana, India|
|Family||Mother : Shobha (Daya) Kaur
Father : Mahavir Singh Phogat
Sister : Geeta Phogat and Babita Kumari Phogat
Brother : Dushyant Phogat
|Trainer||Mahavir Singh Phogat|
|Debut||International : FILA Junior World Championship 2014|
|Address||Balali, Haryana, India|
Ritu played her first international championship in FILA Junior World Championship 2014. It was held in Zagreb, Croatia. She won her second consecutive title at the annual National Wrestling Championships in October 2016. In November 2017, she won silver in the 48kg category in World U-23 Wrestling Championships being held in Bydgoscz, Poland.
She signed with ONE Championship with the intention of making her mixed martial arts debut in February 2019 and made her mixed martial arts debut against Nam Hee Kim at ONE Championship: Age Of Dragons in November 2019. In 2020 she faced Nou Srey Pov at ONE Championship: Inside the Matrix and won the fight via TKO. At ONE Championship: Dangal against Bi Nguyen at on May 15, 2021 for a spot in the 2021 ONE Women’s Atomweight Grand Prix. Phogat lost by split decision, suffering the first loss of her mixed martial arts career.
Physical Stats and More
|Height||5′ 1″ Feet|
|Hobbies||Swimming and Cooking|
Ritu Phogat is single and not dating anyone currently.
Marital Status and More
|Salary (approx)||Not Available|
|Net Worth||Not Available|
Social Media Presence
Some Facts About Ritu Phogat
- Ritu Phogat was born and brought up in Balali, Haryana.
- Ritu dropped out of her study from the 10th class to focus on wrestling and became the famous Indian woman Wrestler.
- Her first fight as martial artist against Kim Nam Hee was won by knock out in just 3 minutes.
- Her goal is to become the first Indian World champion in MMA.
- Life story of her family’s journey in wrestling was portrayed by Aamir Khan in movie, Dangal (2016). In an interview with The Hindu, Ritu explained how perfectly the movie told their story without deviating much from the facts.
- In December 2016, she became the most expensive female wrestler at the Pro Wrestling League auction, bagging a ₹36 lakh INR contract with the Jaipur Ninjas franchise.
- She won silver in the 48kg category in World U-23 Wrestling Championship in 2017 was India’s first silver in the prestigious championship.
- Phogat made an Olympic tatoo on her body so that she never forget her goal to win an Olympic medal for India.
- In interview she reveal that she dedicates 6 hours of her day to her game.
- She is follower of Iranian wrestling team.
If you have more details about Ritu Phogat. Please comment below we will updated within a hour.
The post Ritu Phogat Height, Weight, Age, Affairs, Biography appeared first on news4buffalo.com.