Death Date: 31/05/2022
Age: 38 Years
Marital Status: Married
|Profession||Government school teacher|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Eye Colour||Dark brown|
|Hair Colour||Dark brown|
|Year of Birth||1987|
|Date of Death||31 May 2022|
|Place of Death||Kulgam district, southern Kashmir|
|Age (at the time of death)||36 Years|
|Death Cause||Targeted militant attack Hindustan Times|
|Hometown||Samba, Jammu Kashmir|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Married|
|Husband/Spouse||Raj Kumar (school teacher)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rajni Bala
- Rajni Bala was a Kashmiri Pandit school teacher at the Government High School in Gopalpora in the Kulgam district of Kashmir. She lived there with her husband and 13-year-old daughter. Her husband was also a school teacher who was appointed as a government school teacher in another village of Kulgam.
- Rajni and her husband worked as government school teachers since 2009. In Kulgam, Rajni’s school was about 7 km away from her rented accommodation in the Chawalgam village. Her husband and daughter dropped her at school a few minutes before she was shot in the head by a militant at the school’s entrance gate.
Rajni Bala’s dead body in her hometown Samba
- Rajni was working at the Government High School in Gopalpora for the past five years. The couple was requesting authorities to transfer them to a safer district for a long time. Their request for transfer to another school was accepted a night before the attack and it was Rajni’s last day at the school when she died.
- The authorities transferred her body to her native village, Samba after completing the medical and legal formalities. Reporters talked to Bala’s husband and he said,
Had the administration transferred her to a safer place earlier, she might have been alive by now. I curse my destiny. Just a day after her transfer, she was killed by terrorists.’ DNA
Rajni Bala’s daughter and relatives in Samba after her death
- This attack was the seventh targeted militant attack on civilians in Jammu Kashmir as per DNA. DNA After this attack, protests were made in the village to demand safety from authorities in the next 24 hours.