Husband: Yasir Nawaz Religion: Islam Age: 48 Years
|Real name||Nida Pasha Nida Pasha – Facebook|
|Other Name||Nida Pasha Yasir (after marriage) Nida Pasha Yasir – Facebook|
|Profession||Actor, Host, Producer|
|Known for||Appearing as a host since 2021 of the Pakistani show Good Morning Pakistan on ARY Digital|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 165 cm
in meters– 1.65 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 60 kg
in pounds– 132 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-30-36|
|Eye Colour||Hazel Grey|
|Hair Colour||Medium Golden Brown|
|Debut||As a Host
• Good Morning Pakistan on ARY Digital (2012-present)
As a producer
• Film- Wrong No.(2015)
|Awards||• 2012: Best Morning Show Host for the show Good Morning Pakistan at the Pakistan Media Awards
• 2018: Best Morning Show Host Award for the show Good Morning Pakistan at the Pakistan Achievement Awards
• 2019: Best Morning Show Host Award for the show Good Morning Pakistan at the Pakistan Achievement Awards
|Date of Birth||31 January 1974|
|Age (as of 2022)||48 Years|
|School||• Montessori Complex High School in Karachi
• Fauji Foundation Model School in Quetta
• St. Joseph’s Convent School in Quetta
• Beaconhouse Juniper Campus in Quetta
• A school in Germany (fourth and fifth standard) Celeb City Official – YouTube
|College/University||University of Karachi, Pakistan Fuchsia Magazine – YouTube|
|Educational Qualification||Nida completed her graduation in Physics (Hons.)|
|Religion||Islam Fuchsia Magazine – YouTube|
|Controversies||• Attracted controversy for inviting a rape victim’s parents to the show
Nida, in 2020, invited the parents of a 6-year-old rape victim, Marwah on her morning show Good Morning Pakistan. During the show, she asked unsympathetic questions from her parents about the rape and murder of the victim like like How did you recognise her? Oh, she was wearing the same trouser? How did you realise she had been raped? and many more. As the show went live, Nida faced harsh criticism and was held responsible for showing immoral, selfish, and unprofessional behaviour for the sake of increasing the TRPs of her show. After the episode premiered, the hashtag #BanNidaYasir trended in Pakistan. Later, Nida went live on her show to justify herself and apologize to her fans and audience for hurting their feelings and said,
First of all, I would like to apologise. If I have said or asked anything inappropriate be it intentionally or unintentionally, I ask for your forgiveness. When media support is given to such cases, the relevant authorities start to work faster. Cases of such nature almost happen on a daily basis and you don’t even find out about them. After the request of Marwah’s family, I felt that I should leave everything else and help them. God is my witness that I didn’t do the segment for any sort of TRP. You will not believe it but two days after my show, Marwah’s rapist was caught. Her family is very grateful to me. They are poor people and were in a dire state before they got some financial support because of our show.” The Express Tribune
• Trolled for promoting controversial content
• Criticized for mocking hijab
• Accused of planting fake audience
• Guest left Nida’s show midway
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||2 June 2002|
|Husband/Spouse||Yasir Nawaz (a Pakistani director, producer, screenwriter, actor, and former model)|
• Balaj Yasir
• Fareed Yasir
Daughter– Silah Yasir
|Parents||Father– Kazim Pasha (a Pakistani television director and producer)
Mother– Fehmida Nasreen (died on 7 February 2021)
|Siblings||Brother– Talha Pasha
• Sina Pasha (a Pakistani director)
|Other Relative(s)||Father-in-law- Fareed Nawaz Baloch (a Pakistani television and radio artist who died on 15 December 2001, at the age of 55, in Karachi, Pakistan)
Brother-in-law- Danish Nawaz Baloch (a Pakistani actor, director, and comedian)
Sister-in-law- Anzalna Nawaz
|Food||Biryani and Qorma|
|Actor(s)||Danish Taimoor and Fawad Khan|
|Actress(s)||Ayeza Khan, Mahira Khan|
|Face Wash||Shiseido ( a Japanese cosmetic brand)|
|Colour(s)||White, Pink, Peach, Lilac|
|Street food||Bun Kebab|
|Pakistani Drama(s)||Yeh Na Thi Humari Qismat, Mere Humsafar|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nida Yasir
- Nida Yasir is a Pakistani actor, producer, and television host. She gained recognition for hosting the show Good Morning Pakistan on ARY Digital.
- After Nida completed her graduation, she decided to make a career in hotel management. She enrolled herself at Marriott Hotel in Karachi and received training for a span of two years. Fuchsia Magazine – YouTube Nida aspired to study hotel management at a college in Lausanne, Switzerland but was short of funds. To gather money for the payment of her course fees, she started acting in Pakistani dramas. After she realised that the salaries of a hotelier in Pakistan were quite low, she decided to pursue her career as an actor.
- Nida and Yasir Nawaz met on the sets of the telefilm Muhabbat. While working together, Yasir developed feelings for Nida and soon proposed to her, but she immediately rejected his proposal as he belonged to a different community, Sindhi. In an interview, on being asked about how she met Yasir and what impression she received of him, Nida replied,
Yasir’s first impression of me was horrible. He was a senior actor and had worked with Mehreen Jabbar, Humayun Saeed, and Sania Saeed. He was very arrogant. He used to think too highly of himself. I think he was too proud of his fair complexion. When I first got a role with him, I was happy because I was cast alongside him because he was an older actor. I was all ready and he ditched us on the shoot that day. The shoot was canceled because of him. I told him he was very arrogant, but then the impression I had of him changed. His sense of humor was so great that I had so much fun working with him.” Parhlo
- In 2001, Nida Yasir appeared in the show Sub Set Hai on Indus Vision. In 2009, she played the role of Nida in the television show Nadaaniyaan on Geo TV alongside her husband Yasir Nawaz. In 2010, Nida appeared as Saima in the television show Hum Tum on Geo TV. In 2013, she made a guest appearance on the show Yeh Zindagi Hai on Geo TV.
- In 2010, Nida produced the Pakistani telefilm Baal Baal Bach Gaye on Geo TV. In 2017, she produced the Pakistani romantic comedy film Mehrunisa V lub u. In May 2022, Nida produced the Pakistani film Chakkar.
- In 2019, Nida appeared in a cameo role in the Pakistani comedy film Wrong No. 2.
- In 2021, she appeared in a commercial for the product Iqbal Banaspati Ghee.
- Nida had received training for Kathak, an Indian classical dance form.
- Nida, in an interview, confessed and revealed that she had trust issues with her husband Yasir Nawaz and said,
- In an interview, Nida revealed that she used to suspect her husband Yasir Nawaz and had trust issues with him and said,
Yes, I do doubt Yasir a lot. I don’t know but this a manufacturing fault in me, I can’t stop doubting him. Yasir has changed a lot but my habit is still the same and I can’t help it. I know it’s bad.” 24 Digital
- In 2021, Nida hosted the show GMP Shan-e-Suhoor on ARY Digital.
Nida Yasir (left), while hosting the show GMP Shan-e-Suhoor on ARY Digital
- In 2021, Nida appeared in the telefilm Uff Yeh Biwiyaan in which she played the role of Mahi, along with her husband Yasir Nawaz on YouTube.
Poster of the telefilm Uff Yeh Biwiyaan on Ary Digital
- In 2021, Nida was heavily trolled for asking poorly researched questions about Formula 1 cars from her guests on the morning show Good Morning Pakistan on ARY Digital. She had invited Abdul Aleem and Mohammad Shariq War, the students from the Pakistan Navy Engineering College, Karachi, who had built an electric racing car and had represented their country internationally in the Formula SAE Lincoln competition, which was held in June 2016 at Lincoln Airpark in Lincoln, Nebraska. While interviewing, it was evident that Nida’s questions were ill-researched as she was not aware of the fact that Formula 1 cars can only seat a single person. After the episode premiered on the channel, people trolled her with tweets like –
Kill me. Now. pic.twitter.com/XLl4KlYA3j
— Zarrar Khuhro (@ZarrarKhuhro) September 3, 2021
A part of my heart feels sorry for Nida Yasir but honestly, the video itself plus the tweets on #Formula disaster are hilarious 😆. Why don’t they do some research before conducting interviews?
— Hareem Deeba (@Hareem_Deeba) September 4, 2021
- In 2021, Yasir Nawaz made a parody video of his wife Nida over her viral Formula 1 car controversy. NB Reviews – YouTube
- Nida has been featured on the cover of magazines like Fashion Collection and Hello Pakistan.
Nida Yasir on the cover of Fashion Collection magazine
Nida Yasir on the cover of Hello Pakistan magazine
- In June 2021, during an interview, Nida revealed that she was robbed while on vacation with her family in Turkey. During her visit to Istanbul, Nida’s diamond jewellery, which comprised three rings and a pendant was stolen from her hotel room. After three days, she found out that her jewellery was missing from the bag she kept in her cupboard. Nida immediately filed an FIR at that Istanbul police station but found no success in retrieving the jewellery back.
|↑1||Nida Pasha – Facebook|
|↑2||Nida Pasha Yasir – Facebook|
|↑3||Celeb City Official – YouTube|
|↑4||Fuchsia Magazine – YouTube|
|↑5||Fuchsia Magazine – YouTube|
|↑6||The Express Tribune|
|↑7||The Express Tribune|
|↑10||The Express Tribune|
|↑11||Fuchsia Magazine – YouTube|
|↑14||NB Reviews – YouTube|