MS Dhoni Biography / Mahendra Singh Dhoni, an Indian cricketer and former captain, was a great player. His captaincy saw India win the 2007 ICC World Twenty Twenty Cup and the 2007-08 Commonwealth Bank Series. The Border-Gavaskar Trophy was also won by India. Born in Ranchi, India, he was a child of the town. He is also known by the name ‘Mahi.
Introduction of Mahendra Singh Dhoni – MS Dhoni Biography
|Full Name||Mahendra Singh Dhoni|
|Date of birth||7 July, 1981|
|Birth place||Ranchi, Bihar (now Jharkhand)|
|father’s name||Mr. Pan Singh|
|mother name of the||Mrs. Devaki Devi|
|Field of work||Cricketer|
|Due to fame||Former captain|
|Batting style||Right handed batsman|
|Bowling style||Right-handed medium sharp|
Mahendra Singh Dhoni was a great cricketer and one of the most respected captains in India. It is important to appreciate them as much as you can. He set many records, including the comparison of all captains: India won ODI and test cricket the most. Also, he is the only Indian captain to win consistently in ODIs as well as Test cricket. Dhoni is regarded as the greatest finisher in the world.
Early Life – Early Life Of Mahendra Singh Dhoni
. Mahendra Sing Dhoni was conceived in Harmu, Ranchi (then Bihar) on July 7, 1981. His father’s name Pan Singh, and his mother Smt. Devaki Devi. His ancestral village, Lavli, is located in Lamgadha Block under Almora district in Uttarakhand. His parents moved from Uttarakhand, where he was raised to Ranchi. There his father Mr. Pan Singh began working in the junior management classes of Mecon Company. Dhoni is the brother of Jayanthi and Narendra. Dhoni was born to a middle-class family and struggled to make ends meet in his youth.
Education and early career
Dhoni is a well-known cricketer, but he spent most of his childhood playing badminton and football. Dhoni received his education at JVM Shyamali Ranchi. There he excelled in football and badminton, which earned him selections at the club and district levels.
Dhoni was also the goalkeeper for his football team. Dhoni’s excellent performance as a goalkeeper led to his being sent by the coach to learn cricket. Dhoni was a novice cricketer, but his skills as a wicketkeeper impressed everyone and he became the Commando Cricket Club’s regular wicketkeeper. Surprised to learn that Dhoni played cricket after 10th grade.
He was selected for the Vinoo Mankad Trophy Under Sixteen Championship in 1997-98 because of his performance at the Cricket Club. Dhoni first began to pay attention to cricket in the tenth grade. Dhoni has a funny personality. He is known for his mischief and is often called Mahi.
His father Pan Singh saw the dire situation at home and wanted Dhoni do a good job. He therefore required him to work as a railway worker for TT. He also showed Jauhar that he was his cricketer. From 2001 to 2003, Dhoni was a TTE (Train Ticket Examiner), at Kharagpur railway station on the Southern Railway.
Dhoni worked in railways but his heart was always for cricket. It was difficult for him to balance cricket and a job. He finally gave up his railway job to focus on cricket. Without this, Dhoni would not be a great captain or cricketer.
Dhoni has considered Sachin Tendulkar (a Bollywood actor Amitabh Bacchan) and Lata Mangeshkar (a legendary singer) as his idols since childhood. Dhoni is a fan of cars and high-speed bikes. Dhoni still rides his favorite bike around Ranchi whenever he has the time.
Cricket career – MS Dhoni Career
At just 18 years old, MS Dhoni Dhoni won the Ranji Trophy for Bihar during the 1999-2000 season. In his debut match, he scored a 68 run half-century against Assam Cricket. He began playing Ranji in the direction of Jharkhand when Jharkhand was split from Bihar in 2000.
Dhoni was chosen to represent India-A in the 2004 tour of Kenya. Dhoni and Gautam Gambhir scored many centuries against the Pakistan-A team during the tri-series. They were then selected for the Indian national team. Dhoni played his first Test against Sri Lanka in 2004 after making his ODI debut against Bangladesh.
Dhoni was one of the wicketkeepers that represented the national team, after he had moved from India’s A cricket team to Junior. Dhoni is a middle-class cricketer, but he changes his betting style according to the conditions and the direction of each match. As a captain, Kyuki was responsible. He is a strong heater and one the most prolific scoring batsmen. His famous helicopter shot is now well-known.
Dhoni’s fifth ODI match was against Pakistan in 2005. He played a remarkable knock of 148 runs. This is the highest Indian wicket-keeper score. He not only broke his own record with an unbeaten run total of 183 against Sri Lanka, but also established the record for the highest score in the second innings of one day matches.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni Biography
Dhoni’s success with limited-overs confirmed his place in India’s Test team. His positive performance in one-day cricket at end 2005-06 made Dhoni the No. 1. batsman in ICC ODI ratings.
Dhoni won the Man of the Series title in the bilateral ODI tourney against Bangladesh after the 2007 World Cup. Dhoni was then made vice-captain for the one-day squad on the tour to England in 2007.
Dhoni took over the captaincy from Rahul Dravid in 2007. Dhoni was the Indian captain and he won the victory in Sri Lankan and New Zealand for the first times. His captaincy saw India win the 2007 ICC World Twenty-20 and CB Series 2007–08., Asia Cup 2010 and 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup. Dhoni won the 2011 World Cup final with an unbeaten 91-run run knock off 79 balls, which was very useful in making India a world champion.
He is the second Indian captain whose captaincy India won World Cup and the first Indian captain whose captaincy India have won the Twenty-Twenty World Cup.
Dhoni was the first Indian captain to win three limited-overs trophy (World Cup Champions Trophy, World Twenty-Twenty) in 2013, when India beat England in the final of Champions Trophy. Under his captaincy, India became Australia’s first whitewash in Test matches in 2013, after 40 years. He was the first world captain to win all ICC Cups.
Dhoni was also the dominant player in the Indian Premier League. He was the captain of Chennai Super Kings and made history with the 2010-2011 seasons. He also won the 2010 Champions League Twenty Twenty. He retired from Test cricket in December 2014. Dhoni was always open to giving opportunities to new players and encouraged them to continue their playing careers. Dhoni resigned as the captain of the Indian ODI and 20-20 teams on January 4, 2017.
Dhoni is a very successful captain. Dhoni has captained India in 199 ODI matches, winning 110 matches and falling in 74. There were four matches that ended in a tie, and eleven matches that did not produce a result. Team India won more than 60% of matches under Dhoni’s captaincy.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni, a cricketer, retired on August 15, 2020. Through his Instagram account, he spoke out about retirement. He said, “Thanks very much for all your love and support.
Marriage – MS Dhoni Wife
Sakshi Singh Rawat, Dhoni’s school friend, married Sakshi on July 4, 2010. After being together for nearly 2 years, Sakshi and Dhoni got married. Sakshi was studying hotel management, while Tej was an instructor in Kolkata at the time. Dhoni was the father of Jiva a daughter he had with Tej in Kolkata.
Records of Mahendra Singh Dhoni – Records Held by MS Dhoni in International Cricket:
- Dhoni, Wicket-keeper, is the first Indian to have 350 victims (261 catch and 89 stumpings). They are followed by Kumar Sangakkara (482), Adam Gilchrist (472), and Mark Boucher (424). He is the only Indian in his vicinity.
- Dhoni is the Indian wicketkeeper who has scored the most runs. Dhoni has scored 14,706 runs (including all three formats) in his international career.
- Dhoni’s first innings against Sri Lanka saw him score 183 runs. This is the largest innings by an ODI wicketkeeper-batsman. Adam Gilchrist’s innings at number two has a total of 172 runs.
- Dhoni is the Indian who has hit the most sixes. Dhoni has hit a total 302 sixes in international Cricket so far.
- India won 107 ODIs under Dhoni’s leadership and 27 Test matches. Sourav Ganguly is second, with India winning 76 ODI matches as well as 21 Test matches under his captaincy.
- Under Dhoni’s captaincy, India won the 50-50 and T20 World Cups as well as the ICC Champions Trophy. Dhoni is the only world captain to achieve such feats.
- Dhoni scored 224 runs against Australia and is the only Indian wicketkeeper/batsman who has played such a large innings in a Test match.
Awards and Honors – MS Dhoni Awards
- Rajiv Gandhi Khelratna Award 2007
- ICC ODI Player Of The Year (2008) and 2009.
- In 2009, he was awarded the fourth civil distinction of India.
- He was also retained as captain for the 2009 ICC World Test XI, and the ICC World ODI XI.
- He is the second Indian player to be awarded the Indian Army’s highest honor, after Kapil Dev.
- Monfort University awarded him a doctorate in 2011.
- Dhoni was also one of the 100 most influential people worldwide in 2011.
- He was 16th in the list of world’s most costly players in 2012.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s earnings – MS Dhoni Net Worth
MS Dhoni was also a time when Mahi did not have the money to travel from one city to another to play matches. When MS Dhoni got the job of ticket collector in the year 2001, his salary was between 3000-3050 thousand. But over time Dhoni became one of the most common cricketers in the world. Talking about net wealth, Dhoni earns around Rs 1600 crore in 2020.
Some interesting things related to Mahendra Singh Dhoni – MS Dhoni Facts
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni was once one of the most successful athletes in the world, with an average annual income of about 200 crores.
- Dhoni learned how to fly a helicopter from Santosh Lal (his childhood friend who died in July 2013).
- Dhoni loves dogs. Dhoni has raised two dogs: Zara, a Labradog, and Sam, an Alsatian.
- Dhoni’s story has been told in a film called MS Dhoni: Untold Story. Shushant Singh Rajput, Kiara Advani star in the leading roles.
- Dhoni’s childhood friend, he married him. But Dhoni had a different girlfriend. Priyanka Jha’s and Laxmi Rai’s names are closely related. Dhoni died in an accident while on a foreign tour in 2002.
- Dhoni is also the oldest Indian captain.
- Dhoni votes in all elections in his district. He voted in Lok Sabha as well as Vidhan Sabha.
- Dhoni was sometimes dragged into controversy. Dhoni was also dragged into controversy by 40 residents from his area. They filed a Ranchi Petition against him in 2007 alleging that he squanders 15,000 liters water for the maintenance of the pool, while the region was experiencing severe water crises. .
- Dhoni fought his first international match against Bangladesh, in 2004. Dhoni was ejected in his first international match. Dhoni was also run out in his first international match. He was then returned to the pavilion. This unique combination will be remembered by every cricket fan.
More Articles –
Please Note : –
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni (MS Dhoni), Biography & Life History. If you would like more information, please visit our Facebook . MS Dhoni Essay and Life Story. Subscribe to receive direct email.
The post Mahendra Singh Dhoni Biography, Age, Height, Birthday, Wife, Net Worth appeared first on news4buffalo.com.