Age: 34 Years
Profession: Actor, Filmmaker
Hometown: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
|Name earned||Rasu Lokesh’s Facebook Account|
|Other name||Lokesh R.|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Debut||Film: Ambuli (2012)|
|Date of Birth||Year, 1988|
|Birthplace||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Date of Death||4 October 2022|
|Place of Death||Chennai|
|Age (at the time of death)||34 Years|
|Death Cause||Suicide The News Minute|
|Hometown||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Married|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Children||He has two children.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lokesh Rajendran
- Lokesh Rajendran was a former Indian child artist. He was a filmmaker who predominantly worked in the Tamil film industry. He is best known for his role as a child in the famous Tamil television serial ‘Vidaathu Karuppu’ in 1997, telecasted on Sun TV. On 4 October 2022, Lokesh Rajendran died by committing suicide in Chennai. According to media reports, he consumed poison and died.
- As an actor, Lokesh Rajendran appeared in the films Kaakai Chirakiniley in 2000, Kannupada Poguthaiya in 2000, and Kummi Paattu in 1999.
The poster of the film Kaakai Chirakiniley in 2000
- In 1995, Lokesh Rajendran started working as a child artist in the serial Marma Desam series as the childhood version of Raasu. The lead character was portrayed by popular Tamil actor Chetan. He then appeared in the Tamil-language television serial ‘Jee Boomba.’
Lokesh Rajendran in a still from the Tamil television serial ‘Marmadesham’
- In 2012, Lokesh Rajendran worked as an associate director or Second Unit Director for the film Aaaah, Ambuli in 2010, and Orr Eravuu in 2014.
The poster of the film Orr Eravuu in 2014
- In 2018, Lokesh Rajendran rose to prominence when his film ‘6 Athiyayam’ became a hit.
The Poster of the film 6 Athiyayam in 2018
- In 2022, an event was organised by the makers of the Marma Desam series and team, on the occasion of the completion of 25 years of the series. Lokesh Rajendran was also present at this event.
Lokesh Rajendran while in a conversation with a media house
- On 2 October 2022, Lokesh was found lying unconscious at the Koyambedu bus station by some passerby. Soon, he was rushed to Kilpakkam Government Hospital for medical treatment. In his medical reports, it was revealed that Lokesh Rajendran had consumed poison and attempted suicide. Thereafter, he was shifted to the Intensive Care Unit of the hospital.
- On 3 October 2022, the police investigation reports stated that Lokesh Rajendran was married and had two children. However, he was staying with his mother in Kanchipuram. His parents revealed in police statements that he was suffering from mental distress for the past few days due to some family problems in the family.
- Soon after his death, in a media conversation, Lokesh’s father stated that some misunderstanding between Lokesh and his wife rose a month ago following which his wife sent a legal notice of divorce to Lokesh. His father added that Lokesh slipped into depression after that. Lokesh’s father described,
A month ago, I came to know there was some misunderstanding between them (Lokesh and his wife). Legal notice for divorce came from his wife four days ago. He was depressed. I last saw him (Lokesh) Friday; he said he needed some money and I gave it to him. He had told us he would start work as an editor.”
Lokesh Rajendran Picture
- According to some media sources, Lokesh is known in the Tamil film industry for appearing in more than 150 television serials and 15 films alongside the top Tamil actors including Vijayakanth and Prabhu.
- Lokesh’s father disclosed in a media interview that Lokesh’s directorial debut was an anthology, which was comprised of six series directed by six different filmmakers. Apart from authoring and directing the popular Tamil anthology 6 Athiyayam, Lokesh also edited it.
The Poster of the film 6 Athiyayam in 2018
- According to police reports, on 4 October 2022, Lokesh’s family problems pushed him toward alcohol. He was often seen sleeping at the Chennai Mofussil Bus Terminus (CMBT). Police said,
On Monday, passersby at the bus terminal noticed that he was restless. Some of them dialed 108 for an ambulance and also informed the police. Lokesh was taken to the Government Kilpauk Medical College and Hospital. He died there on Tuesday night. A case has been registered under section 174 of CrPC.”
|↑1||Lokesh’s Facebook Account|
|↑2||The News Minute|