Wife: Sapna Sawant Age: 48 Years Caste: Maratha
|Full name||Kamlesh Tukaram Sawant Pradeep Khamgal – YouTube|
|Known for||Playing the role of a police inspector, Laxmikant Gaitonde, in the Hindi film Drishyam in 2015|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 175 cm
in meters– 1.75 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 80 kg
in pounds– 176 lbs
|Debut||Film (Hindi; as a supporting actor): Khakee (2004) as Kamlesh Sawant
Film (Marathi; as a supporting actor): Ek Krantiveer: Vasudev Balwant Phadke (2007)
|Date of Birth||12 June 1974 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||48 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Chhatrapati Shivaji Vidyalaya, Mumbai|
|College/University||Bhavan’s College in Mumbai Kamlesh Sawant – Facebook|
|Relationships & More|
Daughter– Swara Sawant
|Parents||Father– Tukaram Sawant (a former sports secretary and clerk in the Indian Railways)
Mother– Name not known
|Siblings||Kamlesh has 3 elder sisters and a elder brother|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kamlesh Sawant
- Kamlesh Sawant is an Indian actor who shot to fame in 2015 for playing the role of a police inspector, Laxmikant Gaitonde, in the Hindi film Drishyam.
- Kamlesh is best known for playing the role of a cop in most of his Marathi and Hindi films.
- In an interview, Kamlesh revealed that his father Tukarm Sawant encouraged him and his elder brother to pursue a career in bodybuilding.
- In 2002, Kamlesh appeared as Rastogi in the Hindi television series CID on Sony TV. In 2011, he played the role of a hawaldar, Maruti Jagdale, in the Marathi television show Lakshya on Star Pravah.
Kamlesh Sawant as Maruti Jagdale in a still from the Marathi TV show Lakshya (2011) on Star Pravah
- In 2011, Kamlesh appeared in the Hindi film Force, starring John Abraham in which he played the role of a police inspector, Kamlesh Sawant.
Kamlesh Sawant (second from left) in a still from the Hindi film Force (2011)
- Kamlesh appeared in a few Marathi films like Daagdi Chaawl (2015) as Kale, Laal Ishq as Kale (2016), Shaheed Bhai Kotwal (2020) as Gomaji Patil, and Faas (2022) as Baliram.
Kamlesh Sawant as Baliram in a still from the Marathi film Faas (2022)
- In 2015, Kamlesh rose to popularity in the Hindi film industry when he played the role of a police inspector, Laxmikant Gaitonde, in the film Drishyam, starring Ajay Devgan and Tabu.
- In 2015, Kamlesh, during an interview, revealed that he received hatred from the audience in the form of abusive text messages and phone calls from random people for playing the role of a cold-hearted cop, Laxmikant Gaitonde, in the Hindi film Drishyam.
- In 2016, Kamlesh appeared as Ranjit Shinde in the Marathi television show Nakushi – Tarihi Havihavishi on Star Pravah. In 2022, he appeared in the Marathi television show Vaastu Rahasya in which he played the role of Ramesh.
- In 2017, Kamlesh was awarded the Best Actor Award in the comedy genre for the Marathi film Zhalla Bobhata at the Maharashtra State Film Awards.
- Kamlesh appeared in a few Hindi films like Sooryavanshi (2021) as Arnab Deshpande and Drishyam 2 (2022) as Laxmikant Gaitonde.
- On 12 October 2021, while celebrating the occasion of World Postal Day, the Mumbai East Postal Department honoured Kamlesh with a postal stamp bearing his photograph for his contribution to the Indian cinema.
|↑1||Pradeep Khamgal – YouTube|
|↑2||Kamlesh Sawant – Facebook|