Death Date: 11/10/2020
Hometown: Kot Kapura, Punjab
Age: 26 Years
|Associate With||Lawrence Bishnoi and his Gang|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Instagram Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 182 cm
in meters– 1.82 m
in feet & inches– 6’
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 46 Inches
– Waist: 32 Inches
– Biceps: 16 Inches
|Date of Birth||2 November 1993 (Tuesday)|
|Birthplace||Kot Kapura, Punjab, India|
|Date of Death||11 October 2020|
|Place of Death||Outside City Emporium Mall, Industrial Area, Phase I, Chandigarh|
|Age (at the time of death)||26 Years|
|Death Cause||Shot Dead The Tribune|
|Hometown||Kot Kapura, Punjab, India|
|College/University||• DAV College, Chandigarh
• Panjab University, Chandigarh
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Tattoo(s)||• A tattoo on his right Shoulder
• Hand grenade tattoo on his right forearm
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Name Not Known|
|Parents||Name Not Known|
|Cousin||Brother– Goldy Brar (Gangster)|
|Car Collection||Toyota Fortuner|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gurlal Brar
- Gurlal Brar was an Indian gangster and member of “Lawrence Bishnoi and his gang.” He was involved in various crimes like murder and extortion.
- He was born and brought up in Kotkapura, Punjab, India.
- During his college days, he was elected as the President of (SOPU), a student union at Panjab University.
- In 2016, during the student union election, he vandalized the poster of the opposition parties at DAV Colleg, sector 10, Chandigarh and threatened them to bear the consequences of contesting elections against him.
- On the evening of 10 October 2020, after spending some time at the Play Boy Club at Wave Mall in Chandigarh, he went to Para Club at a nearby mall, Centra Mall, to celebrate the birthday of his girlfriend, where he received a phone call from one of his friends who asked him for his Fortuner car, and when he was waiting at the gate of the mall to lend his car to that friend, three motorbike riders came and started firing at Gurlal Brar. Reportedly, after a seven-round of firing, the assailants fled from the scene following which the police arrived and took Gurlal Brar to the hospital, where he was declared brought dead.
- On 11 October 2020, Davinder Bambiha group took responsibility for Gurlal Brar’s murder through a post on social media. According to Davinder Bambiha, it was revenge for Lavi Deora’s murder that was committed by Gurlal Brar and his gang in Kot Kapura, Punjab.
- Following the murder of Gurlal Brar, the police registered a case against Dilpreet Singh Dhahan, alias Baba who allegedly provided the arms used in the killing of Gurlal Brar, which the police recovered from a nullah in the industrial area of Chandigarh.
- The police also recovered the bike used in the murder of Gurlal Brar. According to police, Gurvinder Singh and Gurmeet Singh alias Geeta had provided this bike to the shooters. Later, Gurmeet Singh alias Geeta told the police that they gave this bike to the shooters of Kot Kapura named Neeraj Chaska and Mandeep Mandy.
Gurmeet Singh alias Geeta
- In 2021, Punjab Police arrested the main shooter of the Gurlal Brar murder case who was identified as gangster Beant Singh. During the police investigation, Beant Singh revealed that he committed the crime along with Neeraj Chaska and Mandeep Mandy.
- Amid the Gurlal Brar murder case, the industrial area police of Chandigarh was criticized for its negligence as Gurlal Brar was a wanted criminal, and the police had no clue when he was enjoying parties at various clubs in the area.
- In 2020, Gurlal Brar was booked under section 354 after he slapped a woman who was the friend of his girlfriend. Reportedly, Gurlal slapped her after she had a fight with his girlfriend following which the industrial area police of Chandigarh booked him. The Tribune
- On 29 May 2022, following the murder of Punjabi singer Sidhu Moose Wala, gangster Goldy Brar, a member of Lawrence Bishnoi and his gang, took responsibility for Moose Wala’s murder उन्होंने फेसबुक पर एक पोस्ट शेयर की जिसमें उन्होंने लिखा की- I, along with Sachin Bishnoi Dhattaranwali, Lawrence Bishnoi group, take responsibility for the killing of Sidhu Moose Wala. His name came up in connection with the murder of Vicky Middukhera and Gurlal Brar and despite this, the police did nothing,”.
- Gurlal Brar used to consume alcoholic beverages on various occasions. YouTube
- He was fond of smoking hookah.
|↑2, ↑3||The Tribune|