Hometown: Nagaur, Rajasthan
Age: 32 Years
|Birth name||Taslima Bano Gori’s Instagram Account|
|Real name/Full name||Gori Malik The Times of India|
|Name earned||Rajsthani and Haryanvi Shakira Gori’s Instagram Account|
|Known for||Being one of the contestants of the Indian reality show Bigg Boss Season 16 in 2022|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 165 cm
in meters– 1.65 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 60 kg
in pounds– 132 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||35-30-35|
|Date of Birth||11 June 1990 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||32 Years|
|Birthplace||Nagaur, Rajasthan, India|
|Hometown||Nagaur, Rajasthan, India|
|School||Ghotiya Higher Secondary School, Nagaur, Rajasthan,|
|College/University||Jai Narayan Vyas University, in Jodhpur, Rajasthan|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation at Jai Narayan Vyas University, in Jodhpur, Rajasthan citation|
|Religion||Muslim The Times of India|
|Hobbies||Singing and Traveling|
|Relationships & More|
Father– Khalu Malik
Mother– Name Not Known
Brothers– 2 (the name of one of his brother’s is Ikka Malik)
Sister– Aashu Malik
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gori Nagori
- Gori Nagori is an Indian dancer. She is known as Rajasthani and Haryanvi Shakira. In October 2022, she came into the limelight when she participated in the Indian reality show Bigg Boss Season 16, telecasted on the Colors channel.
Gori Nagori on the sets of Bigg Boss Season 16 while dancing with the host of the show Salman Khan in 2022
- When Gori Nagori was nine years old, she started learning dance while watching it on television. Initially, her family was against her and even scolded, abused, and locked her in a room when she expressed her desire to become a dancer. Once, in a media interview, she said that when she began dancing she was considered a bad character. She said,
My family was dead set against me dancing and even people around us told me how it’s vulgar, and that it shows my bad character. However, I have never taken any of the criticism seriously and thus continued with my plans. I started getting small shows, which soon became big. I have always fought against people’s perception towards performers.”
- Thereafter, she began performing at local dancing shows on various Rajasthani and Haryanvi songs, which earned her immense popularity in the two states.
Gori Nagori while dancing on the stage in Rajasthani attire
- According to Gori Nagori, she is influenced by the dance of Colombian dancer Shakira. Once, she watched some dance moves of Shakira on the television and started imitating her. Reportedly, Gori Nagori follows Shakira’s dancing moves while performing on stage. The dancing style of Gori Nagori is quite similar to Colombian singer Shakira. That is the reason that Gori Nagori is famous with the name Rajasthani and Haryanvi Shakira in India.
- Gori Nagori is a bold dancer and often gives bold dancing performances in her shows. In 2017, she was invited as a guest dancer by the Rajasthan University’s student union office for an inauguration event. At the event, the Mahant of Salasar Dham and the parents of the students were present. According to some media sources, after the event, Gori Nagori gave a bold dance performance on the show, which made the parents and the Mahant bow in shame.
- Gori Nagori rose to prominence on 22 September 2018 when she danced to the popular Haryanvi song titled Le Photo Le,” sung by Rajasthani singer Nilu Rangili. The song was a hit and garnered over 120 million views so far. Later, Gori Nagori went on to appear in popular Rajasthani and Haryanvi songs including Mahre Gaam Ka Pani (2021), Teri Meri Baat Bigad Jayegi (2021), Balma (2021), Saint (2020), Ganderi (2020), Chuni Gotedaar (2022), and Lahariyo (2022).
- Gori Nagori shared the dance stage with Haryanvi dancer Sapna Choudhary on many occasions. She is often compared with Sapna Chaudhary in dancing.
Gori Nagori (right) while sharing a stage with Sapna Chaudhary
- According to Gori Nagori, she is an avid dog lover. She has a pet cat too. She is a fitness enthusiast and regularly goes to the gym. Apart from being a dancer, she likes to sing songs. In a media conversation, Gori Nagori narrated that she was a Bullet lover and loved to ride it quite often in her leisure time.
Gori Nagori with her pet cat
- Gori Nagori participated in the Bigg Boss Season 16 in October 2022 as a contestant. In an interview with a media house, Gori Nagori narrated that Indian artists Rakhi Sawant and Shehnaz Gill were her favourite previous Bigg Boss contestants. She said,
I will name many people. I have watched many seasons and in the last season I really liked Rakhi Sawant. Earlier, I used to love Shahnaz Gill, ‘Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hain’ actress Shilpa Shinde. Hina Khan and Manveer Gurjar were also my favourites.”
Gori Nagori on the poster of Bigg Boss Season 16
- On 3 October 2022, in a video media discussion, Gori Nagori disclosed that the dancing profession of a woman was looked down upon by many societies in India. She added that dancing on stage was considered bad and disgusting. The Times of India Gori Nagori described,
Dancers’ are still looked down upon in a society and the word dancer is considered bad and disgusting things are said to them. I would get calls from people asking how come she become a dancer despite being a ‘muslim’.”
|↑1, ↑3||Gori’s Instagram Account|
|↑2, ↑5||The Times of India|
|↑6||The Times of India|