Age: 66 Years Death Date: 23/01/2023 Hometown: Villupuram, Tamil Nadu
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 175 cm
in meters– 1.75 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 9”
|Debut||Film (Tamil) (Director): Aayiram Pookkal Malarattum (1986)
Film (Actor): Nooravathu Naal; as a museum attender (1984)
|Last Film||Varalaru Mukkiyam (2022); as Jiiva|
|Date of Birth||Year, 1957|
|Birthplace||Villupuram, Tamil Nadu|
|Date of Death||23 January 2023|
|Place of Death||A private hospital in Chennai|
|Age (at the time of death)||66 Years|
|Death Cause||Cardiac Arrest NDTV|
|Hometown||Villlupuram, Tamil Nadu|
|College/University||Islamiah College, Vaniyambadi, Tamil Nadu|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Married|
|Wife/Spouse||Name not known|
|Parents||Father– Ethirajalu Pillai
Note: His father was a freedom fighter.
E. Ramdoos with Jiiva, a Tamil actor
Some Lesser Known Facts About E. Ramdoss
- E. Ramdoss was an Indian actor, director and writer who primarily worked for the Tamil entertainment industry. He gained recognition for playing significant roles in many Tamil films like Oru Naal Koothu (2016), Vikram Vedha (2017), Naadodigal 2 (2020), and Agent Kannayiram (2022).
- Born in a Tamil-speaking family in a village named Villupuram in Tamil Nadu, Ramdoss was fond of watching movies since childhood.
- In an interview, E. Ramdoss recalled his childhood days and said how he discovered his interest in writing. While still in school, Ramdoss wrote a love letter to his crush; however, the letter was caught by his headmaster. Soon after Ramdoss’ letter was read by his teacher, he was called and praised by his teacher for the lines he wrote in the love letter and was encouraged to pursue a career in screenwriting. While discussing the same, Ramdoss said,
When you see a girl while studying at school, you get a rush. That’s how it came to me. I wrote a letter and sent it to the school. I don’t know if it goes to the headmaster.Shouldn’t I be the books you hold close to your chest?’ That book I wrote went to the headmaster. He called me and praised me for the lines. When I shared this with my friends, they said, ‘It’s good… you should try in cinema.”
- Ramdoss, while studying in college, developed an interest in screenwriting. Later, in 1979, he moved to Mylapore, Chennai, to pursue a career in the Tamil film industry.
- After shifting to Chennai, Ramdoss ventured into screenwriting, and the first film he worked on was Enakkaga Kaathiru (1981), a Tamil film which starred Suman and Sumalatha.
- Later, in the late 1990s, Ramdoss worked as a writer for many Tamil films like Raja Muthirai (1995), Dhinamum Ennai Gavani (1997), Harikrishnans, and Anthahpuram (1999).
- Ramdoss was also interested in directing films. Initially, he worked as an assistant director to Manivannan, a famous Tamil director. Some of his notable directorial ventures were Aayiram Pookkal Malarattum (1986), Vaazhga Jananayagam (1996), and Suyamvaram (1999). In an interview, Ramdoss talked about how he got the opportunity to direct Tamil films and said,
I did not ask Manivannan for a job. The towers don’t tilt but dubbing happens. Manopala went to see him. I went too. I used to go and sit and give corrections. Manivannan was looking at me like ‘Yarra… Ivan’. Manivannan allowed me as a person who respects it because I am an educated person, Manobala said, ‘It is our fear’. That’s how I joined him.” Hindustan Times
- In 2004, Ramdoss started her career in acting. In 2004, he worked in the Tamil film Vasool Raja MBBS in which he played a minor role of a ward boy. He has worked in many Tamil films like Cuckoo (2014), Thappu Thanda (2017), Goli Soda 2 (2018), and Boomerang (2019).
- Ramdoss has played the role of a cop in many Tamil films. He has appeared as a police officer in Yuddham Sei (2011), Kakki Sattai (2015), Visaranai (2016), Dharma Durai (2016) and Vikram Vedha (2017) amongst his other Tamil films.
E. Ramdoos as a police officer in a still from the Tamil film Vikram Vedha
- On 25 January 2023, Ramdoss passed away, at the age of 66, at a private hospital in Chennai, due to cardiac arrest. On Facebook, Kalachelvan, his son, posted,
My father, director, writer, and actor E. Ramdoss died of a heart attack. I regret to inform you that his final rites will be held at his residence on January 24, 2023, at 11 a.m.” The Economic Times
|↑3||The Economic Times|