Bharati Pravin Pawar or Bharti Pawar is an Indian doctor and politician who became the Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare of India on 7 July 2021.
Bharati Pravin Pawar was born on Wednesday, 13 September 1978 (age 44 years; as of 2022) in Narul-Kalwan, Nashik, Maharashtra. Her zodiac sign is Virgo. In 2002, she completed her M.B.B.S. from NDMVP’s Medical College, Nashik, Pune University.
She belongs to the community of Scheduled Tribes.
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is Kisanrao, and her mother’s name is Shantabai.
Husband & Children
On 26 April 2002, she got married to Pravin Arjun Pawar, the son of eight-time MLA and ex-minister Arjun Tulshiram Pawar (from NCP). Pravin Pawar is an engineer and a businessman. Together, they have a son, Omkar Pravin Pawar, and a daughter, Priyanka Pravin Pawar.
S. No. 704, Beside Gas Godown, Anand Nagar, Gangapur Road, Nashik-422013, Maharashtra
901, Ganga Apartment, Dr Bishambar Das Marg, New Delhi-110001
She began her political journey as a member of the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP). From 2012 to 2019, Bharati was a member of a Nashik Zila Parishad. In 2019, she joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
2014 General Elections
In 2014, Bharati Pawar, on a ticket from NCP, contested and lost the Dindori Lok Sabha seat.
2017 Maharashtra Zila Parishad Elections
In 2017, Bharati Pawar, on a ticket from NCP, contested and won the Zila Parishad election from Manur Village in Kalwan Taluka, Nashik District.
2019 General Elections
In 2019, Bharati Pawar, on a ticket from the BJP, contested and won the Dindori Lok Sabha seat by 198,779 votes; the seat is reserved for Scheduled Tribes. From 13 September 2019 to 7 July 2021, she served as a Member of the Standing Committee on Health and Family Welfare. From 9 October 2019 to 7 July 2021, she served as a Member of the Committee on Petitions. Meanwhile, she was also on the Consultative Committee on Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship. On 7 July 2021, she was given charge of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, becoming the first female Union Minister from Nashik.
Assets & Properties
- Deposits in Banks, Financial Institutions and Non-Banking Financial Companies: Rs 9,21,727
- NSS, Postal Savings, and PPF: Rs 6,50,136
- Motor Vehicles: Rs 9,93,486
- Agricultural Land: Rs 4,75,00,000
- Non-Agricultural Land: Rs 4,80,00,000
- Residential Buildings: Rs 1,35,00,000 (as of 2019)
As of 2019, Dr Bharati Pravin Pawar’s net worth is Rs 12,14,35,777.
- She actively worked to eradicate malnutrition and provide clean drinking water in the Nashik district during her tenure as a member of Zilla Parishad.
- She is fond of reading and singing.
- In 2019, she became a recipient of the Lokmat Parliamentary Award in the category of Best Women Parliamentarian.
- She spoke at the National Family Planning Summit 2022, where she unveiled the India Family Planning 2030 vision document and launched the Medical Eligibility Criteria (MEC) Wheel Application, E-Module of Family Planning Logistics Management System (FPLMIS), and Digital Archive on Family Planning under the category of Digital Intervention. Additionally, she introduced the National Family Planning helpline manual, Community Health Officer (CHO) booklet, and ASHA brochure and leaflet (Family Planning).