Divya Mittal is a 2013-batch Indian Administrative Service officer of the Uttar Pradesh cadre. As of 2023, she is serving as the District Magistrate & Collector of Mirzapur, Uttar Pradesh.
Divya Mittal was born on Wednesday, 23 November 1983 (age 39 years as of 2022) in Delhi. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius. After completing her schooling, Divya enrolled herself at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi, to pursue a B. Tech in Engineering Physics (2001-2005). While studying at IIT, Delhi, Divya received a Summer Undergraduate Research Award. Thereafter, she pursued an MBA from the Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Bangalore (2005-2007). In 2005, she addressed the Asia-Pacific Association of Derivatives Conference on Pricing, Applications and Predictive ability of derivatives on Economic Data. In 2019, she pursued a course in Micromasters, Data, Economics, and Development Economics from MITx Courses.
Height (approx.): 5′ 3″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Divya Mittal’s mother’s name is Saroj Mittal.
Divya Mittal’s mother and daughter
Husband & Children
Divya Mittal got married to Gagandeep Singh Dhillon on 6 April. Gagandeep is a 2011-batch IAS Officer of the Uttar Pradesh cadre. Together, they have two daughters, Advika Dhillon and Avyana Dhillon.
Divya Mittal and her husband, Gagandeep Singh Dhillon
Divya Mittal and her daughters, Advika Dhillon and Avyana Dhillon
After pursuing her MBA in 2007, Divya started working as an associate at JP Morgan, a financial services company, in London, England. There, she managed and hedged billion-dollar portfolios of complex derivatives. She worked in the company for around a year.
Indian Police Service (IPS)
Before becoming an IAS officer, Divya briefly served as an IPS officer.
Divya Mittal as an IPS Officer
Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
Divya Mittal passed the civil services examination in 2013, becoming an IAS officer of the Uttar Pradesh cadre. Soon after completing her training at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration, Mussoorie, Divya started serving as Sub-divisional Magistrate at Sidhauli, Sitapur.
Divya Mittal during the inspection of wheat crop in UP
She served there from September 2014 to June 2015. On 31 August 2015, Divya went on a central deputation for a period of 3 months, serving as the Assistant Secretary of the NITI Aayog, Government of India, New Delhi. From December 2015 to May 2017, Divya served as the Sub-divisional Magistrate at Meerut.
Divya Mittal patrolling the security arrangements near Samay Mata Mandir during Navratri
Thereafter, she served as the Chief Development Officer of the Gonda Area for around a year and 9 months. Mittal served as the Joint Managing Director of UP State Industrial Development Authority in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, from April 2018 to February 2019. On 20 February 2019, Divya got appointed as the Vice Chairperson of Bareilly Development Authority. Divya served as the District Magistrate & Collector of Sant Kabir Nagar, Khalilabad, Uttar Pradesh, for around two years and later got posted as the District Magistrate & Collector of Mirzapur.
Divya Mittal as the District Magistrate & Collector of Sant Kabir Nagar, Khalilabad, Uttar Pradesh
Awards & Achievements
- First Prize in Innovation Conference for addressing the problem of Teacher Absenteeism at LBSNAA Mussoorie (2014)
- First Prize in Innovation Conference for addressing the problem of Ground Water Depletion at LBSNAA Mussoorie (2014)
- Ashok Bambawale Memorial Award for Outstanding IAS Officer Trainee based on marks obtained in FC, Phase-I and Phase-II at LBSNAA Mussoorie (2015)
- Selected for Presentation to Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi
- Divya Mittal loves travelling in her leisure time.
- A fitness enthusiast, Divya follows a strict workout regimen.
- In an interview, Divya revealed that it was her husband, Gagandeep Singh Dhillon, who motivated her to become an IAS officer. In the same interview, she revealed that she did not take any coaching to crack the civil services examination.
- Divya is very active on social media and keeps posting motivational quotes on Twitter, which often go viral. She often posts motivational stuff for UPSC aspirants and also provides them with some useful tips to crack the civil services examination.