Vaishnavi popularly known as Chinky Jaiswal is an Indian actress and model. She is known for her work as a child actor in Indian soap operas and Bollywood films. She is recognised for her appearance in one of the popular television series ‘Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi’ in which she played the role of a little girl, Bhoomi.
Vaishnavi Jaiswal was born on Friday, 22 December 2000 (age 21 years; as of 2021) in Mumbai. She studied at ICFAI Business School in Jaipur.
Chinky Jaiswal’s childhood picture
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Weight (approx.): 60 kg
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Figure Measurements (approx.): 36-34-30
Chinky belongs to a Jaiswal family.
Parents & Siblings
Her mother’s name is Anju Jaiswal.
Chinky Jaiswal’s parents
Chinky with her parents
Chinky Jaiswal follows Hinduism.
In 2007, Chinky Jaiswal appeared in ‘Partner.’ In 2010, she played the role of one of the children of the protagonists in the film ‘Toonpur Ka Superrhero,’ a Hindi language action comedy film starring Ajay Devgn, Kajol, and many more.
A picture of one of the scenes from the film ‘Partner’ – Chinky Jaiswal (right) and Dheirya Sorecha (left)
Poster of ‘Toonpur Ka Superrhero’ (2010)
Vaishnavi made her first appearance on television with the soap opera ‘Kunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi’ as Bhoomi.
Picture of Chinky Jaiswal (right) as Bhoomi with Shilpa Salanki (left) as Ganga Virani from the set of ‘Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi’
In 2005, she worked in another television drama series ‘Kksum’ as Simi Gautam. In 2006, Chinky portrayed the character of Prithviraj Chauhan’s sister, Pratha in an Indian drama series ‘Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan.’
A still from the scenes of ‘Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan’ – Chinky Jaiswal as Pratha with Rajat Tokas as Prithviraj Chauhan
In the same year, she was associated with ‘Crime Patrol,’ an Indian show which brings out the real-life cases of different crimes that had happened in all parts of the country. According to Chinky, she was preparing for her SSC board examination after she shot for an episode of ‘Crime Petrol.’ She also talked about her career aspirations in an interview. She said,
I recently shot for an episodic show Crime Patrol, which was based on a crime in Haryana. For now I am focusing on getting better grades in my board examination. I want to become a fine actress in future but my mother has strictly told me that I should pay attention to my grades till HSC. Post that, I am free to follow my dreams.”
In 2007, she appeared in a television serial ‘Durgesh Nandini,’ a series based on Bankim Chandra Chatterjee’s Bengali novel Durgeshnondini; Chinky played the role of Nikita in the series. She played the character of a little girl Soniya Ahuja in ‘Ghae Ek Sapnaa’ which was telecasted on Sahara One channel. She has also appeared in other Indian television serials like ‘Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin,’ ‘Kahe Naa Kahe,’ and many more.
Chinky Jaiswal can be spotted as a child actor in many commercials such as ‘Brooke Bond Red Label,’ one of the largest tea-selling brands in India.
A glimpse from the set of one of the commercials of which Chinky has been a part
- In 2005, Chinky Jaiswal received the Indian Telly Award for Best Child Artiste – Female for the role of Bhoomi in ‘Kabhi Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi.’
- In 2006, she was nominated for her work as Vedika and Pratha in ‘Jassi Jaissi koi Nahin’ and ‘Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan’ respectively for Indian Telly Award for Best Child Artiste – Female.
- In 2007, Chinky was nominated for the Indian Telly Award for Best Child Artiste – Female for her work in ‘Durgesh Nandini’ as Nikita.
- She often shares her dancing and skincare videos on social media.
- She has been seen participating in different contests such as ‘Everyuth Times Fresh Face,’ a platform provided across 8 countries to the youth annually at the college level to showcase their talent to the judges.
- Chinky has a dog and a cat as pets.
Chinky with her cat ‘Rosie’