Hometown: Jaipur Age: 43 Years Marital Status: Married
|Known for||• Being the CEO and CoFounder of the CarDekho group along with his brother Amit Jain
• Being the COO and CoFounder at GirnarSoft
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 161 cm
in meters– 1.61 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 3”
|Date of Birth||12 November 1979 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||43 Years|
|School||St. Xavier’s Senior Secondary School, Jaipur|
|College/University||Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Master of Technology, Mathematics and Computing Anurag Jain – Linkedin|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Children||Son– Name Not Known (picture in wife section)|
|Parents||Father– Name Not Known (deceased in 20006)
Mother– Name Not Known (homemaker)
|Siblings||Brother– Amit Jain (co-founder of CarDekho)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anurag Jain
- Anurag Jain is an Indian entrepreneur who is known for being the CEO and CoFounder of the CarDekho group. He is also the COO and CoFounder at GirnarSoft.
- He started his career in 2002 when he joined i2 Technologies as a senior systems consultant. In 2006, he started working as a Senior Operations Research Analyst at Sabre Holdings. In 2006, his father was suffering from an illness, which is why Anurag and his brother left their jobs and moved back to their hometown to look after him. Initially, he worked in his father’s gemstone business. Later in 2006, he started a small office in his garage and worked on the software GirnarSoft along with his brother Amit. In 2008, Anurag and his brother established CarDekho when they attended the Auto Expo in New Delhi and developed the idea to establish a portal featuring reliable information for buying and selling used and new cars. In 2015, they started new ventures on their portals including BikeDekho, CollegeDekho, Gaadi.com and Zigwheels.
- During the initial years of their venture, in 2009, they lost around Rs. 1 crore in stocks and were out of funds. They faced many difficulties in the beginning, but in 2015, their venture CarDekho grew rapidly.
- In 2013, their company received funding from an American-based company, Sequoia Capital.
- In 2022, their company started a new venture that lent loans to people who wanted to buy old cars. In an interview, Anurag talked about this venture and said,
For new cars, there are so many agencies for loans. But that was not the case for used cars. That gave us the idea of creating a platform with 15 agencies dealing with loans. At the back end, we tied up with banks and in the front, we joined hands with dealers. Earlier, the loan approval rate for used cars was 40 per cent. But with so many people to lend to, it shot up to 75 per cent. From 12-15 days approval, we reduced it to 3 days using technology.”
|↑1||Anurag Jain – Linkedin|