Age: 29 Years Hometown: Surendranagar District, Gujarat Marital Status: Unmarried
|Nickname||Kaviraj Aditya Gadhavi – Facebook
Adi Aditya Gadhavi – Facebook
|Profession(s)||Playback singer, Lyricist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 175 cm
in meters– 1.75 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 70 kg
in pounds– 154 lbs
|Debut||TV (Gujarati; singing reality show) Lok Gaayak Gujarat (2004) on ETV|
|Awards||2014: Hemu Gadhavi Award in the Special Award Category at the Transmedia Awards
2015: Global Indian Music Academy Awards (GIMA) for Best Traditional Folk Single – Hansla
2018: Top Music Award for Best Folk Song Haji Kasam
|Date of Birth||3 April 1994 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||29 Years|
|Birthplace||Surendranagar district, Gujarat, India|
|Hometown||Surendranagar district, Gujarat, India|
|School||St Kabir School School|
|College/University||• St Xavier’s College, Ahmedabad, India
• KM Music Conservatory (KMMC) Ahmedabad Mirror
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father– Yogesh Gadhvi (folk singer)
Mother– Aratiben Gadhvi
|Siblings||Sister– Jahnvi Gadhvi|
|Other Relatives||Grandfather– Amaldan
Some Lesser Known Facts About Aditya Gadhvi
- Aditya Gadhvi is an Indian playback singer and lyricist, who primarily lends his voice to Gujarati folk songs, singles, and albums. He gained recognition for his performance in folk concerts and Navratri events in Gujarat.
- Aditya, while growing up in a Gujarati family 0f singers got inclined towards singing at an early age. In an interview, Aditya’s father, Yogesh Gadhvi, a folk singer, stated that his son started singing Shiva Stuti and Gujarati folk songs at the age of three. Ahmedabad Mirror
Aditya Gadhvi’s childhood picture
- Aditya’s father, Yogesh Gadhvi, served as the former Chairperson of Gujarat Sangeet Natak Akademi, and her mother belongs to a family of folk singers.
- During a singing competition at St Xavier’s College, Ahmedabad, Aditya won the title of “Voice of Xavier.”
- In 2004, at the age of eighteen, Aditya won the Gujarati singing reality show Lok Gaayak Gujarat on ETV. After winning the show, he became the first choice of event organizers for live folk concerts and Navratri events in Gujarat.
- In 2013, Aditya rendered his voice to two songs in the Bollywood film Kamasutra 3D, which were Har Har Mahadeva and Aigiri Nandani, composed by Chennai-based music directors Sachin and Sreejith. In 2014, both songs were shortlisted for Oscar nominations. In an interview, Aditya revealed that initially, he had refused to sing the song Aygiri Nadani because of its high pitch and said,
When Sreejith asked me to sing the Shiva stuti for the movie, I did not even know whether it was a Hollywood or a Bollywood film. At first I refused to sing because the pitch was too high and could damage my vocal cords. I sung both the songs only two months ago. Only yesterday did the music director inform me about the shortlist. I hope the songs get nominated and win the Oscars, too.” Pune Mirror
- In an interview, Aditya revealed that he was even approached by the casting directors to play a lead role in one of their Gujarati films, but he refused the offer as he wanted to pursue his career as a singer only. He said,
They even offered me the role of a hero in Gujarati movies. But Sufi music is my calling”.
- Aditya’s forte is singing songs of folk and Sufi genre. Some of his popular Gujarati folk songs are- Sad Karu Lya Aavje Sami (2013), Hansla (2015), Vitthal Vitthal (2020), Bhajan Vina Mari Bhukh Nai Bhange (2021), Aavi Rudi Ajwaali Raat (2022), and many more.
- Aditya has collaborated with Indian music composer and singer A. R. Rahman for composing the background score of the Bollywood film Lekar Hum Deewana Dil (2014).
- Apart from India, Aditya has performed internationally in Dubai, Hong Kong, Toronto, and Mississauga.
- Aditya is well-versed in the languages like Gujarati, Hindi, and Marathi.
- Aditya has performed as a backing vocalist with A. R. Rahman for a few live concerts in India as well as abroad.
Aditya Gadhvi performing with A. R. Rahman (middle) at a live event
- On 26 January 2015, during the Republic Day parade, Aditya rendered his voice to represent Gujarat’s tableau, which took place in the presence of former U.S.A President Barack Obama, the 14th Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi, and thousands of other spectators.
- In 2017, Aditya performed at the opening ceremony of the Indian Premier League (IPL) in Hyderabad.
Aditya Gadhvi (left) at the opening ceremony of the Indian Premier League 2017
- Aditya has rendered his voice to Tamil songs like “Marhaba Aavona” from the film Saravanan Irukka Bayamaen (2017) and “Adchithooku” from the Tamil film Viswasam (2018).
- Aditya’s Gujarati folk song, Moj Ma Rahvu, ranked third in the Ahmedabad Times’ list of Top 10 “Best Gujarati Singles of 2018.”
Aditya’s Gujarati folk song, Moj Ma Rahvu, ranked third in the Ahmedabad Times’ list of Top 10 Best Gujarati Singles of 2018
- Aditya has lent his voice to a few Gujarati songs like “Sar Sar Ke” from the film GujjuBhai – Most Wanted (2018), “Amba Re Amba” and “Bhada Na Makan Ma” from the film Ventilator (2018), “Sapana Vinani Raat” from the film Hellaro (2019), “Manzil” and “Luv Ni Love Storys” from the film Luv Ni Love Storys (2020), and “Utho Utho” from the film Kehvatlal Parivar (2022).
- In 2018, Aditya performed at a TEDx event in the Laxmi Vilas Palace of Vadodara, Gujarat.
Aditya performing at a TEDx event in the Laxmi Vilas Palace of Vadodara, Gujarat
- On 20 June 2018, Aditya was felicitated with the Times Men of the Year Award, which was organised by The Times of India.
Aditya Gadhvi posing with his Times Men of the Year Award in 2018
- In 2019, while promoting her Bollywood film, The Sky Is Pink, the Indian actress Priyanka Chopra attended one of Aditya’s concerts in Ahmedabad, and she performed Dandiya to his songs.
- Aditya has a self-titled YouTube channel in which he posts videos of his singles; the channel has more than three lakh subscribers.
Aditya Gadhvi with his YouTube silver play button
- The theme song of the IPL team Gujarat Titans, who made their debut in the Indian Premier League 2022, was sung by Aditya Gadhvi.
- On 8 October 2022, Aditya’s live Garba event at Toronto’s International Center in Canada was cancelled due to the mismanagement of the organizers. A huge crowd gathered at the location, which was caused by the overselling of tickets. The event was organised by Maa Ambe Entertainment, an Ontario-based company, which allegedly sold tickets at a price of 50 Canadian Dollars per ticket, which was originally priced at 20 Canadian Dollars.
|↑1||Aditya Gadhavi – Facebook|
|↑2||Aditya Gadhavi – Facebook|