Age: 64 Years
Marital Status: Married
|Real name/Full name||Abbas Miyanjibhai Ramsada Momin First Post|
|Profession||Retired Gujarat government employee|
|Famous for||Being the childhood friend of Indian Prime Minsiter Narendra Modi|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Hair Colour||Salt and Pepper|
|Date of Birth||Year, 1958|
|Age (as of 2022)||64 Years|
|Birthplace||Kesimpa village in Mehsana, Gujarat|
|Hometown||Kesimpa village in Mehsana, Gujarat|
|School||BN High School in Vadnagar, Gujarat|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Children||He has two sons.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Abbas Ramsada
- Abbas Ramsada is a former Indian Class-II employee of the Gujarat government. As per media reports, he served the Food and Supply Department of the Gujarat government for a long time. On June 18, on the occasion of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi‘s mother’s 100th birthday, Modi penned a note on his blog post in which he mentioned the name of his childhood friend Abbas Ramsada and shared some old memories with the readers.
Narendra Modi with his mother on her 100th birthday
- On 18 June 2022, Narendra Modi while reminiscing his childhood, he wrote,
After the untimely death of my father’s close friend who stayed in a nearby village, my father brought his friend’s son, Abbas (Ramsada), to our home. He stayed with us and completed his studies. Mother was as affectionate and caring towards Abbas as she was towards all of us siblings. Every year on Eid, she prepared his favourite dishes.”
Narendra Modi with his childhood friend Abbas
- In his blog, Narendra Modi mentioned his village Vadnaga and his small house, which did not have a window. He wrote,
A tiny house in Vadnagar, “which did not even have a window, let alone a luxury like a toilet or a bathroom. We used to call this one-room tenement with mud walls and clay tiles for a roof, our home.”
Narendra Modi added that even though their house was small but his mother would find out happiness in the joy of others. He said,
Our house may have been small, but she was extremely large-hearted.”
Narendra Modi while talking about his childhood friend stated that Abbas lived a little far from his house in a village where his father’s very close friends used to live. Modi said,
On festivals, it was commonplace for neighbourhood kids to come to our house and enjoy Mother’s special preparations.”
- While in a conversation with a media house, One of the brothers of Narendra Modi recalled that Abbas Miyanjibhai Ramsada Momin was like a family member to their family, and Abbas belonged to the Kesimpa village in Mehsana, Gujarat.
- Reportedly, Abbas used to study in the class of Modi’s younger brother Pankajbhai. In a conversation with a media house, Pankajbhai talked about the nature of Abbas. He said,
A noble human being who would “perform namaaz five times a day and also did the Haj”.
Pankajbhai further added that Abbas used to live with his family when he was studying in 8-9 class. He also mentioned that his family and Abbas used to celebrate the festivals together. He said,
Abbas’s father and my father were friends. There was no high school in his village and he was about to quit studies after his primary education…Abbas finished his Class 8-9 staying with us.”
- He added that on Muharram, they used to celebrate the festival by wearing a black shirt. He said,
Abbas was like a family member. On festivals my mother would cook food for him. I remember on Muharram when Muslims mourn and wear black… I had a black shirt which Abbas would wear.”
- According to media sources, Abbas lives in Sydney with his younger son. His elder son lives in Kheralu tehsil of Gujarat’s Mehsana district.
Information shared by an Indian journalist about Abbas
Narendra Modi in his blog stated that Abbas is the son of his father’s friend, who died untimely. After the death of Abbas’s father, Narendra Modi’s father bought Abbas Bhai to their house so that he could continue his studies at their home. Damodardas convinced the family members of his deceased friend, Miyanbhai Ramsada to send Abbas to his home to stay with his family and continue his studies in Vadnagar. Modi wrote,
In a way, Abbasbhai stayed and studied in our house.. Like all of us children, mother used to take great care of Abbasbhai too. On Eid, mother used to prepare dishes of his choice for Abbasbhai.”
- In 1973-74, Abbas completed his SSC exam. During this time, Narendra Modi moved from Vadnagar to Ahmedabad to join RSS as its full-time pracharak. Narendra Modi’s brother Pankajbhai used to work in the information department and Abbas used to work in the civil supplies department of the Gujarat government.
- Abbas mentioned Narendra Modi in one of his books in which he stated that Modi’s family played a crucial role in settling his life and career.
- In a media conversation, Prahlad Modi, another of the PM’s siblings, stated that Abbas stayed with their family for two years and left their home soon after finishing his matriculation. Prahlad Modi said,
Abbas stayed with us for a few years and left after matriculation. He was my brother Pankaj’s classmate.”
- According to a media source, at his ancestral village, the trustee of the BN High School in Vadnagar, Kamlesh Trivedi, stated in a media interview that the relationship between Narendra Modi and Abbas was well known. Kamlesh Trivedi mentioned that several school functions and programs were together attended by Modi and Abbas after they completed their education.
- In a media conversation with Gula Haider, the son of Abbas’s maternal uncle and the Gram Panchayat member of his village, it was disclosed that the father of Abbas and Narendra Modi were good friends, and they used to run a side-by-side shop in Vadnagar. He added that Abbas’s father was a tea seller while Narendra Modi’s father used to sell Bhajiya. When Abbas’s father died suddenly, it became difficult for him to go to Vadnagar from Casimpa. He said,
Seeing this, Damodar Kaka (Modi’s father) kept Abbas in his house, taught. His mother used to treat Hiraba Abbas like her own children.”